External wall insulation is a highly effective way of insulating your home from the outside. It increases the life of your walls by protecting the brickwork, fills in cracks and gaps reducing draughts, makes it more weatherproof and sound resistant, and enhances the appearance of the outer walls. It also reduces condensation on internal walls.
Our trained installers will apply a layer of insulation material to the walls with mechanical fixings and adhesive, then cover it with protective layers of render or cladding. You can choose from a range of finishes to suit your budget including smooth, textured or painted, tiled, panelled or pebble-dashed, or brick slips to give your walls an original brickwork effect.
External Wall Insulation is applied to the outside of your property. The system is applied in 3 steps;
1. Insulation boards are fixed to the walls, held in place by mechanical fixings
2. A base-layer of the render is applied to the insulation board, and a mesh film is embedded in this layer for additional strength.
3. Finally, a finishing render is applied – this is the layer that is coloured and textured to your choice.
Adding external wall insulation dramatically reduces heat-loss through the walls of certain building types, both domestic and commercial. Reducing heat loss requires less heat input, which means improved energy efficiency and reduced heating costs.
Examples of buildings that can benefit include:
- Solid-walled properties
- Timber- or steel-framed buildings
- Non-cavity construction (e.g. solid brick)
- Narrow-cavity construction
- Non-standard construction
- Improves energy-efficiency
- You choose the finish you want
- Reduces heat-loss, so needs less heat-input
- Suits many construction types, both refurbishment and new-build, domestic and commercial.